(nil): Theodossiou Denis (theodod8(@)cti.ecp.fr)
Ημερομηνία: Σαβ 22 Νοέ 1997 - 04:08:18 EET
These are real standing laws from around the United States of America. Hope
you enjoy them and remember, Law Enforcement is no joke!
1. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
1. Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for anyone to
try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
1. You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
2. You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.
1. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the
2. A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she
shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
3. If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be
paid just as it would for a vehicle.
4. It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
5. Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
1. It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other
domesticated animal kept as pets.
1. Bathing is prohibited during the winter.
2. Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theater nor ride in a
public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.
1. Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
1. By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot
hold onto the ground."
2. It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.
1. It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a
2. Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting
someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."
1. Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
2. Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely
3. An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special
license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
1. A parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a burp during a
1. Females are strictly forbidden to appear unshaven in public.
1. A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically
prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman
in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for
the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever
and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
1. Beer & pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or
1. Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.
1. Violators can be fined, arrested or jailed for making ugly faces at a
2. Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by
3. Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in
groups of three or more on private property.
1. A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust
under a rug in a dwelling.
2. No man may purchase alcohol without written consent from his wife.
1. A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first
obtaining a special five-dollar permit.
2. It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while
1. Lawmakers made it obligatory for everybody to take at least one bath each
week -- on Saturday night.
1. All lollipops are banned.
2. A law to reduce crime states: "It is mandatory for a motorist with
criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of
police as he is entering the town.
1. No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild
Denis J. Theodossiou - Master ECP 1998 | Murphy's Law :
Option : Telecommunications & Network | "If anything can go wrong,
E-mail : theodod8(@)cti.ecp.fr | it WILL!"
--> http://www.cti.ecp.fr/~theodod8 |:wq
Joke of the Day ... Ελληνική Λίστα Ανεκδότων
Info --> https://anekdota.duckdns.org/jokes_list.html