(nil): Akis Karnouskos (akis(@)ceid.upatras.gr)
Ημερομηνία: Τρι 16 Ιούν 1998 - 13:17:09 EEST
Amusing Irrelevant Facts
1. In Kentucky, 50 percent of the people who get married for
the first time are teenagers.
2. Kotex was first manufactured as bandages, during W.W.I.
3. Einstein couldn't speak fluently when he was nine. His
parents thought he might be retarded.
4. In Los Angeles, there are fewer people than there are
5. About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while
they're still sitting on it.
6. You're more likely to get stung by a bee on a windy day than
in any other weather.
7. An average person laughs about 15 times a day.
8. Research indicates that mosquitoes are attracted to people
who have recently eaten bananas.
9. Penguins can jump as high as 6 feet in the air.
10. The average person is about a quarter of an inch taller at
11. A sneeze zooms out of your mouth at over 600 m.p.h.
12. The condom - made originally of linen - was invented in the
13. The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by
Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
14. A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband
doesn't give her coffee.
15. The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is.
16. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he
doesn't wear pants.
17. The average bank teller loses about $250 every year.
18. In 1980, there was only one country in the world with no
telephones - Bhutan.
19. Every person has a unique tongue print.
20. Your right lung takes in more air than your left one does.
21. Women's hearts beat faster than men's.
22. Pollsters say that 40 percent of dog and cat owners carry
pictures of the pets in their wallets.
23. Bubble gum contains rubber.
24. You can only smell 1/20th as well as a dog.
25. Only 55 percent of all Americans know that the sun is a
26. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her
hands in Jello.
27. Even if you cut off a cockroach's head, it can live for
28. Most American car horns honk in the key of F.
29. The world population of chickens is about equal to the
number of people.
30. Every time Beethoven sat down to write music, he poured ice
water over his head.
31. In 75% of American households, women manage the money and
pay the bills.
32. A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a
cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.
33. About 70 percent of Americans who go to college do it just
to make more money.
34. It's against the law to catch fish with your bare hands in
35. Some toothpaste's contain antifreeze.
36. Sigmund Freud had a morbid fear of ferns.
37. Millie the White House dog earned more than 4 times as much
as President Bush in 1991. And, rightfully so.
38. Bird droppings are the chief export of Nauru, an island
nation in the Western Pacific.
39. There are more plastic flamingos in America than real ones.
40. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
41. Lee Harvey Oswald's cadaver tag sold at an auction for
$6,600 in 1992.
42. Mosquitoes have teeth.
43. Spotted skunks do handstands before they spray.
44. Hypnotism is banned by public schools in San Diego.
45. The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ,
Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley.
46. When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other
47. Most cows give more milk when they listen to music.
48. 27 percent of U.S. male college students believe life is "a
meaningless existential hell."
49. In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting
on when patients would die.
50. Aztec emperor Montezuma had a nephew, Cuitlahac, whose name
meant "plenty of excrement."
51. Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark.
52. "Kemo Sabe" means "soggy shrub" in Navajo.
* * * * *
53. A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a
train stops. On my desk I have a work station...
54. I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem.
55. If quitters never win, and winners never quit, what fool came
up with, 'Quit while you're ahead'?
Joke of the Day ... Ελληνική Λίστα Ανεκδότων
Πληροφορίες --> https://anekdota.duckdns.org/jokes_list.html